Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Small Things

I enjoy living. The small things are what matter to me. A friend breaking out into Disney songs or quotes, driving with the windows rolled down, petting a dog, reading a book outside, a nice breeze, birds chirping, laughing, hugging someone I care about, looking at the stars, jumping into a lake, watching snow fall, thunderstorms at night, the smell of a good meal, getting letters in the mail, and seeing a genuine smile. Those are all things that just make me happy; happy to be alive! They are the things I pay attention to everyday. Because in the end, we all end up the same way. So in the end, it's not about where we end up, but the journey that brought us there.
I don't just want to exist in this world, I want to live. I notice every little thing that makes me smile, and I realize that I am a single person in this world, but I enjoy the same simple things that exist in everyone else's life. I just choose to let those same simple things mean more to me than the big picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment